Auto Repair Services – AC/Heating
Your A/C system should be checked annually for leaks and proper operation.
Indications your A/C system may be having issues:
- If your A/C blows only slightly cooler air compared to the exterior air.
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and mold
- Your cabin does not warm up in chilly weather, or is just a little warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate, or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not when idling, or quits blowing when the vehicle is stationary
- Your heating system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
- Low airflow even at the highest fan setting
A comprehensive evaluation of heating and A/C system includes:
- Examining the internal controls and blower
- Checking radiator coolant operating temperature, hoses, pressure radiator cap and thermostat
- Inspecting the compressor belt
- Inspecting system and seals for leaks or various other damages
- A cooling system pressure test
- Verifying the A/C pressure meets manufacturer specifications
- Measuring the interior vent air temperature
Coolant System Flush
Coolant keeps your engine running at the proper temperature under all conditions. Engine cooling systems should be checked annually for proper operation. Engine coolant should be changed per the manufacturer’s recommendations. Coolant leaks and overheating issues should be addressed immediately to prevent engine damage and costly repairs.